OUR WINTER 2012 BOOT CAMP IS SOLD OUT! See you next year - check back for dates!
Texas Rollergirls’ boot camps provide training for the BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, and ADVANCED flat track womens’ roller derby skater. Whether you are a seasoned derby skater or new to derby, we have a bootcamp training level that is right for you.
Learn from some of the most experienced skaters in derby, including veteran Texecutioners, and we’ll send you home with the skills you need to eliminate your opposition.
WINTER BOOT CAMP – December 14-16, 2012
Friday, December 14 – 7pm: Registration and Meet ‘n’ Greet
Saturday, December 15 – 8am-5pm: Training (lunch break from noon to 1pm)
Sunday, December 16 – 8am-noon: Training
Our boot camps include:
- A weekend filled with concentrated training and workshops focused on all aspects of the sport of roller derby, customized for your level. Derby isn’t a one-size-fits-all sport and neither is our training: we want to give you the best possible experience and focus on you as an individual and a skater.
- Personalized, individual feedback — you’ll go home with documentation of the skills you’ve mastered and those you’re yet to master. This is a fantastic and unique training tool — the learning doesn’t stop at noon on Sunday!
- Texas Rollergirls’ Graduation Certificate — stick it on the fridge! Frame it! Love it and admire it! Know that you skated with the best and held your own — you’re in rare company and can be proud.
- Light breakfast on Saturday & Sunday (coffee, breakfast bars, bananas) — you’ll be working hard and you can’t do that on an empty stomach.
- Optional printed bootcamp training manual — use this as a resource to remind you of your new skills or help Texas Rollergirls fulfill our mission of making roller derby bigger and better everywhere, by taking your new skills back to your league.
$125 per skater - SOLD OUT!
$40 for non-skating attendees - SOLD OUT!
Ref clinic – SOLD OUT!
OPTIONAL — Boot camp t-shirt (+ $10)
OPTIONAL — Printed boot camp training manual (+ $5) - SOLD OUT!
Can’t make it in December? Watch this space — we’ll announce the date of our first 2013 Boot Camp soon!